View Single Post
  #39   ^
Old Tue, Feb-04-03, 05:43

Plan: Low Carb & IF
Stats: 180/129/110 Female 5'2
BF:?
Progress: 73%
Default Second time here too

It's really inspiring to read all the stories on here. For me, this is the second time - first time I did everything wrong you could do.

I was on the CAD, and used the Reward Meal to pig out - "everything allowed" isn't a concept that's good for me. "Everything" meant whole blocks of chocolate, cookies... LOL... all the things I couldn't have the rest of the day. Today I see it as a miracle that I didn't GAIN anything, but at the time I was very upset that I didn't lose a single pound in a month.

Well... after that, I went on the McDougall Plan, that is ultra lowfat vegan (no fats allowed at all, in fact). Stayed on it for about half a year, agonizingly slowly lost 40 lbs. on that. But when my birthday came up on October I totally lost it. Went on one long binge that lasted for months. I have tried again and again to get back to eating like that, but I wouldn't be satisfied any more. Just wasn't possible - I was SO fed up with that!

So now I've decided to give (vegetarian) low-carbing another chance, a real chance this time. I still haven't lost anything, but I'm doing everything as right as I can (as a vegetarian, obviously, I have to compromise on many things). I hope and pray that it works.

Susanne