Old Fri, Dec-14-01, 11:30

Plan: Atkins/Stnry Bike/Physio
Stats: 225/210/155 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 21%
Default Re: Frustrated!

Quote:
Originally posted by Moraki
I weighed myself yesterday for the first time after four days on the diet hoping to see some difference and to my surprise I gained 400 gm

Moraki...

I think that you are being too hard on yourself. Four days is really not long enough to make any decisions about how this 'diet' works for you. I'm sure that if you weighed yourself every four days while NOT dieting, you'd find at least 400gram fluctuations if not more. Going on and off diets will only compound the problem so be sure that you are going to stick with it when you decide to start.

Here's a list about veggies from Dr. Atkins that I saved for myself :

<I>You can have 2 to 3 cups of Category 1 vegetables, or salad, on Induction:
Leafy greens such as Boston, romaine and other lettuces;
arugula, endive, escarole, parsley, spinach and watercress;
also bean sprouts, celery, cucumbers, mushrooms, peppers and radishes.

In addition you can have 1 cup of Category 2 vegetables (and cut your salad vegetables to 2 cups):
Asparagus, bamboo shoots, broccoli, broccoli rabe, Brussels sprouts, cabbage, cauliflower, collards,
eggplant, jicama, kale, kohlrabi, leeks, mustard greens, okra, onions, plantains, pumpkin, scallions,
shallots, snow pea pods, spaghetti squash, string or wax beans, Swiss chard, tomato, turnips, water chestnuts and zucchini.

Two special category vegetables you can also have include:
Haas (California) avocado (1/2 per day) and olives (10 to 20 per day).

Reintroduce these higher-carbohydrate vegetables in small amounts when you are in the Lifetime Maintenance phase of the plan:
Beets, carrots, parsnips, peas, sweet potatoes, white potatoes and yams.</I>

Hope this helps some.
Marlaine