Old Mon, Aug-26-19, 08:08
Say NO to Diabetes!

Plan: My own - < 30 net carbs
Stats: 440/228/210 Male 5' 11"
BF:Energy Unleashed
Progress: 92%

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessdamess
That's the way it is with me. We didn't do a full trail camping last weekend because the teens were tired/bored. I could have kept going and going.

I so like being the leader of the pack, not the one bringing up the rear. My youngest Kel really enjoys hiking. She is also the fittest of my 3 daughters. When hiking is easy it is a lot more fun.

Speaking of Kel, she left last Friday for her senior year of school at GMU. I will miss my workout buddy. In last April's 10K I was sure that she was going to cross the line first. She was bound and determine to beat Dad this year. She didn't. I passed her after the 5th mile and cross the line 45 seconds ahead of her. Since then she has been 'hell bent' to make sure that she beats me next year. He's been training hard and plans to continue while back at school. She finished that April 2019 10K in 67 minutes. The last few 5K runs that she did this summer were under 28 minutes. If she keeps that up we may both get what we want in the 2020 Richmond 10K. She will leave me in the dust and I will finally hit my goal of doing a 10K in less than 60 minutes. To do that I need to lose 20+ pounds. Between now and next spring that will my primary goal. Keeping up with regular low intensity cardio will be a priority, too.