View Single Post
  #77   ^
Old Sat, Nov-09-19, 06:37

Plan: Zero Carb!
Stats: 234/182/170 Female 68
BF:
Progress: 81%

great post PilotGal

Modern social life. It is a very hard thing to maneuver. And it is so personal how we all handle our way thru fun social times.
Having a plan to grasp around those events and more in our lives is so important......well, to me it is. As long as I have my grasp and focus on my plan and I am not craving at all from my plan I can sail thru these situations in good form thankfully.

But the one thing I definitely think is what you said.....it is a dirty carnivore meal but it what keeps you on a healthy plan for you personally long term. It isn't an everyday thing cause if it was you would be a Keto person LOL If you have some soups with veg in it I get it. It is that one dirty step from Carnivore. I have my one dirty step on carnivore every now and then. We are all only human after all We all have those days where we say I am having this and done deal. I so get that.

I just remember that old article that Dana wrote about Dirty Carnivore: Dana is in ZIOH......this is in reference to their forum or something about that and how many were stepping away from the true carnivore plan and she comments on it.

By – Dana
With all the new “Carnivore Diet” hype and the discovery that actually being a full time ZC carnivore is hard and in most cases deemed unnecessary by some, I thought I would bring back the original term used to describe people who were almost Carnivores. Re-introducing, the “Dirty Carnivore”.

Dirty Carnivore was a forum created, maybe back in 2010 (I forget the year) by somebody who could not give up her non ZC foods. This was a perfect example of Carbohydrate addiction. She felt better on a mostly meat diet, but felt some harmless low carb nuts, dark chocolate and veggies should be allowed. This same thing is going on, again, today. So many people want to be carnivores, but are finding it is not as easy as it sounds, because of acculturation and addiction to carbohydrates.

Back then, although I had to be a Hardcore Carnivore, I thought the Dirty Carnivore diet would take off. It seemed so much easier and socially acceptable than The Zero Carb Carnivore diet. I thought it would be a good starting point for people to ease into The Zero Carb diet. The Dirty Carnivore was basically meat centric with a few low carb plant foods allowed. But like all low carb diets “Carb Creep” won out in the end and the “Dirty Carnivore” diet and forum fizzed out. Yet, the hardcore ZC Carnivore’s are still going strong and thriving.

This brings me back to the reason we are so strict. Hardcore ZC Carnivore is actually easier, on many levels, for some people mostly because food cravings disappear. It is so freeing when your life no longer revolves around food. I can’t even explain how life changing this phenomenon is. It is something that truly has to be experienced in order to understand. I love it, when members of our group make it to that point of total freedom and peace with food. For many of us, this is the only reason we remain Hardcore Carnivores, freedom from the bondage of food cravings and food preparation (shopping, cooking, planning, creating) that consumed our entire lives.

But, for most people going “Hardcore” is not necessary. Most people can tolerate a few low carb plant foods.

To all of you avocado, berry eating “carnivores”, let’s get real, you are not true carnivores, you are “Dirty Carnivores”. Calling yourselves “Carnivores”, while eating a salad is confusing the newbie Hardcore Carnivores, who can’t eat salads or dark chocolate without suffering or falling into a craving abyss that sometimes lasts for months. It’s like the alcoholic drinking a light beer at an AA meeting. So not cool.

There is nothing wrong with being transparent and we are not disparaging the Dirty Carnivores at all, we wish we could be one, but we can’t. I think it is time to differentiate the diets as to avoid confusion.

-----but I also see the need for dirty carnivore days IF a person can handle it.....some can take that one step off and other's can't move one inch off true hardcore carnivore.

I am so right there on having to be hardcore. I am one who can't take that step.

My only dirty carnivore days are so low now that I don't allow a lot in....I have to hold those thoughts or its curtains for me LOL

But on vacation am I going to take a small bite of something...yea I probably am But I also know trigger foods for me I will never allow back. Not even that one nibble.

I think Dirty Carn fits for many. There are just variations of it on what each person can allow and how far do you go on it but at some point if you keep eating veg and fruit and other stuff every day one can't claim carnivore....well ya can if you want to LOL I mean it is only a name right? Never want to get so fanatical on it all. Been there done that and it truly doesn't matter in life what each person does....as long as they suit their own needs and thrive on it I guess

But if a person requires hardcore carnivore and walks into dirty carnivore....like Dana said it is usually that first step into carb creep and off plan and walking into binges and....heck we all know that situation many of us have been in.

I love chatting this stuff out. It just helps me cement my plan more and more. It reminds me of why I am doing what I do but nice thing is carnivore isn't what I do....it is who I am.

so day the scale dropped again! I am rolling along in fine form.

yesterday I ate 6 oz sirloin, 1 chicken breast, 1 small cheeseburger patty.

I am in that NOT hungry mode. I am eating less and less now which is fine. I will ramp back up when my body wants it and demands it.

I have 0 cravings.
I have all the deep keto adapted benefits. I love them all
Food focus is all but gone now and that is important to me. I am one who loves food and my focus is on what I can't have...but when I do strict zero carb plan all that leaves me. Which is what I need in my life.

so far, so good