View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Thu, Apr-24-14, 07:39

Plan: Keto (Atkins Induction)
Stats: 235/175/185 Male 5' 11"
BF:
Progress: 120%

Fortunately my local "Health Food Store" can get 100% organic, grass fed beef, although they don't have it every week. When they do I buy more than I need and freeze it.

And for now, as long as you are getting 100% organic beef, even if it is corn fed the corn will be non-GMO and organic (that is until Monsanto and Dow BRIBE "our" representatives to consider a Genetically Modified Organism an organic product).

But test after test shows that 100% grass fed beef is much better for humans. It has a better Omega 3 to Omega 6 fat ratio, has Conjugated Linoleic Acid in it which helps us lose weight, and many other health benefits for us that the feed lot destroys in the steer.

I know a lot of people who won't put good food in their bodies because they say they can't afford it. Meanwhile they have a Cable TV subscription of up to $300/month, frequent new bling, gas guzzling vehicle, air conditioners set so cold you can hang meat in their houses, and so on.

I guess it's human nature, instant gratification trumps long term benefits.

And unfortunately we no longer have a democratic republic, instead we have an oligarchy made up of International Bankers and Multi-National Corporations. The FDA says insecticide in your food is safe, because it helps Monsanto's profits. The FDA now says Agent Orange on your food is safe, because it helps Dow's profits. And our press has become nothing more than a corporate propaganda outlet.

Surveys show that close to 90% of the population would like to see those 3 little letters (GMO) on genetically modified foods. But whenever it comes to a vote, corporate media blasts out lies and uses false fears to get people to vote "no".

The lies are very thin. After all, adding three letters to the ingredients list is not going to double the price of everybody's food and put small grocers out of business. The entire Nutrition Facts panel gets changed from time to time and it hasn't done anything like that. And how many other package changes have you noticed through the years? Does that blazing 4 color burst with "New And Improved" on it double the price of the food? Then why would one color GMO in front of the word Corn in the ingredients do that? The answer is, "It won't" but the viewers of corporate propaganda media get the lie repeated and repeated so much that they believe it.

You can google and find a lot to help you avoid GMO foods. A couple of hits right at the top are:
http://www.nongmoproject.org/

http://www.truefood.org.au/

http://www.nongmoshoppingguide.com/

and hundreds more.

I got into Low Carb in 2000 for health reasons, but my parents died too soon due to obesity related diseases and I saw that as a possible future. And the more I research, the more I find that low carb seems to be a formula for a longer, healthier life span.

I also found a lot of other things affect your health, and along with a lot of good practices (like a ketogenic diet) there are a lot of potentially dangerous foods out there. Oh. they won't get you sick in a hurry, but long term effects can be devastating, and possibly not only deadly, but torturous on the way. Now that scares me a lot more than paying a bit more for food.

We all have our priorities. At this point in my life, my main priority is health, and I'm in excellent health. Without health, you have nothing. You could be the richest person in the world, but if you get agent-orange induced cancer, you will die with a long torturous period of pain, morphine, and decline before you go. And DOW and the FDA have approved agent-orange resistant GMO crops. That means that the plant will absorb the Agent Orange, and when you eat it, you will absorb the Agent Orange.

I know a guy who died from A-O cancer. If I was forced to choose between that and being crucified, I'd take the crucifixion.

To lighten the subject up a little:

I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather ----- and not screaming like the passengers in his car

Eat healthy and be healthy.

Bob