View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Tue, Jun-03-03, 19:22

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 168/139/120
BF:36%/29%/18%
Progress: 60%
Default Oh, Hell Yes!!!

Emotional triggers are my specialty, lol. I figure, noone has the right to tell me if my emotions are wrong. As I learned in a third year psych/ethics class - no one can judge your emotions, they simply are. If my emotions make me want to eat, then it can't be my fault - right?

So I have had to really work on changing that way of thinking. It has taken a lot of work for me to stop blaming my eating behavior on my emotions and take control of the other issues that are prompting me to reach for the tortialla chips and salsa.

One of the biggest triggers I am still struggling with is loneliness and fatigue. If I am lonely, I am likely bored, and what better way to occupy my time than with FOOD!!! If I am tired, I can always say I don't have the energy to cook something healthy, and will reach for the Michelina's Alfredo Frozen Pasta. Now, when I am bored, I come here, which refocuses my attention to why I need to stick with my plan. I also will go for a walk or take my daughter outside for some playtime (which gets me away from the fridge).

If you can identify your triggers, you can make a plan to cope with them. I am not trying to trivialize your financial challenges ( Lord knows I have them too . Maybe try and speak to a financial or credit counsellor. Many states and provinces have financial counselling services that are provided for free. If you like, I can put you in touch with one.

Good luck & keep your chin up !