Old Sun, Aug-13-06, 10:36
I've decided

Plan: LC
Stats: 235/137.6/130 Female 5' 5"
BF:haven't a clue
Progress: 93%

Quote:
Originally Posted by deirdra
Even on previous LC diets I succumbed to other peoples' advice (on this & other boards) that reducing fat/cals was the way to get beyond a stall. It just lead to feelings of deprivation & binging & regaining. This time I decided to keep my fat at ~65% and eat 1700 cals throughout my diet & maintenance (so I never had to adjust from diet to maintenance). I also started researching food allergies/intolerances & found what works for me (after 35 years of diet failures & never maintaining for more than a week or two; it has now been 4 months).

I was where you are 1 year ago - so your goal is certainly achievable with this anti-lowfat attitude. Best wishes!

This is really good advice!

I've found that the more I try to restrict fat cals, the higher my overall calories are. I know that doesn't make sense, but if I just allow myself that butter on my veggies or that dab of mayo in my tuna - I'm much more satisfied, and somehow this leads to a lower overall intake. When I tried lowering my fat calories, I was constantly hungry and ended up overeating on the protein. I also found it much harder to stick to plan...ended up cheating too often.