View Single Post
  #8   ^
Old Tue, Sep-26-17, 05:53

Plan: P:E/DDF
Stats: 225/150/169 Female 5' 9"
BF:45%/28%/25%
Progress: 134%

Diabetes – A Disease of Glucose Intolerance

Kelley's latest post decribes how a low carb diet works to manage her glucose levels, and shows that even after years of eating LC, her body cannot tolerate dietary carbohydrate at even quite modest levels, levels well below the ADA recommendations. Simple explanations of her BG when using a continuous glucose monitor. Her reaction to protein is a BG decrease:

Quote:
On a side note, I have learned a few other things about my blood glucose with wearing a continual monitor. Protein is my friend. I know that many people out there feel the need to limit protein strictly. This is not true for me. Protein lowers my blood glucose post meal. Now, I know there are some folks out there who will say that is because protein raises insulin. That is true. But I’m not trying to live a life of NO insulin, I’m trying to live a life of LOW insulin. I’m not going to fret over the amount of insulin needed to cover a blood glucose of 85-95. With decent amounts of protein, I feel better, can workout physically hard, and see better results with my weight. Once again, your response to protein my differ, but for me, it is my friend.

https://lowcarbrn.wordpress.com/201...se-intolerance/