View Single Post
  #4   ^
Old Sat, Jul-06-19, 10:50

Plan: Protein Power, IF
Stats: 238/204/145 Female 5'8"
BF:53.75%/46.6%/25%
Progress: 37%

Another ADHDer here.

The adjustment period is weird and some people get twitchy and some people get lethargic. But I'm confident that if you give it a few weeks you will feel much better. I've started to tell people that eating a low carb diet should be the first line of defense for everyone with ADHD. It doesn't mean you won't need any meds, but your brain is much happier running on fat and ketones than the constant up/down sugar buzz.

I also sometimes get the can't-focus-can't-sit-still issues when my BG is really low and ketones are high. It doesn't happen lately on normal days now that I'm fat-adapted. But I've also done some intermittent fasting (IF) and on those days it occasionally hits me. It's irritating, but I try to roll with it and do something that needs to get done like some house cleaning or I go for a short walk and it usually mellows out after a while.

The constant desire to snack is common in the adjustment phase. Your body is used to running on carbs, so it's looking for that hit of energy from carbs. That desire to snack is your body telling you it's looking for that. Don't worry about it. You're doing the perfect thing by eating some protein and fat. It's pretty hard to over eat in the first few weeks, so just keep on eating!

Your diet looks good to me! Hang in there.