View Single Post
  #25   ^
Old Sat, Apr-23-05, 11:49

Plan: Raw Foodhist & Daoist
Stats: 170/160/145 Male 5'6"
BF:
Progress: 40%

I found a home remedy that works for itching and dandruff. Some people build up a sensitivity to all the chemicals they put in dyes, perms, shampoo, hairsprays and face creams; this works for those types of people.

mix: (estimate really - my DW just dumps a bit in a small 4 oz bottle)

baby shampoo - 4 oz
tsp to a tbsp of jojobo oil
tsp to a tbsp of tea tree oil

Shake before each use. Shampoo thoroughly, let on 5 minutes. Keep out of eyes because of the tree oil. No conditioners, hairspray, or other stuff. The jojobo oil is the conditioner, it may take a few days to notice it though. Most flakes disapear in 3 days and if used everyday they are not noticeable and it does help with itching. Use everday.

The tea tree oil should be from the Melaleuca alternifolia tree and should have less than 3% cineole. (There are some bad tea tree oils on the market.) Tree oil shampoos do not have enough tree oil in them to help.

She had the eyebrow scale, ear scale, scale everywhere. She stopped using cleansers and moisterizes on her face and let it be dry - her worst fear. (she just scrubs with a wet washcloth and no cleanser - once a week she uses a little dab of tree oil on the cloth) All the scale went away. It made me wonder if all the creams and lotions are actually causing the problem. Her skin is not dry anymore.