#21   ^
Old Fri, Dec-28-01, 16:32
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins,PP - wgt in %
Stats: 100/96.8/69 Female 5'6.5"
BF:DWTK/DDare/JEnuf
Progress: 10%
Default euuuuuwwwwhhhhh....

those Nicorettes gave me such a burning in the gums and tongue but if you can stand them, you go with it!

I 'succeeded' on my fourth full serious committed attempt (I AM a non-smoker, I AM a nonsmoker... a good mantra). The first time I lasted 2 months. The second time I lasted almost a year (then a bad breakup and a party at which I wallowed in self-pity did me in ). The third time my dearest husband-unit (me on Patch, he with great machismo Cold Turkey) started sneaking around in 36 hours max with ciggies in the backyard and I was too cocky and finished the Patch too early (found out I wasn't strong enough yet for that...).

Finally, I used The Patch (and so did he) in full, the whole course and tapered off at the end. I knew I was done with the Patch when I forgot to change it, forgot I needed it and still got through a day or two without MUCH thought about "them".

PS: I, too, used to chew my nails. Had dented nailbeds to prove it and very touchy quicks that tended to bleed.

PPS: I'm a foodie!

Tamarian, dearest Webmaster, you can do it ... I did and that's truly amazing sometimes! 1 year and 26 days and I feel just fabulously fine, thank you very much Heck, I've got fingernails, my clothes don't reek of old ashtray, my dog likes me better and the both of us have (SOMEWHERE!) a bit of extra cash.

I'm with you, too, 150% Go, Go, Go!