View Single Post
  #43   ^
Old Fri, Jun-05-09, 10:56

Plan: Mostly carnivory
Stats: 145/145/145 Male 5'11'' (feet and inches)
BF:
Progress: -20%

Not sure about the fever blisters, but I think you should pick up and read Nutrition & Physical Degeneration by Dr. Weston A. Price. Problems with mineral metabolism and skeletal defects can be greatly aided by correcting vitamin D deficiency, but D is really only a part of the massively complex equation of total body optimal health. A sufficiently nutrient dense diet is warranted in such a case and relying simply on the addition of vitamin D supplementation may not be all that is needed (which is why I recommend the book above).

There is such synergy between the different fat soluble nutrients, vitamins, and minerals that only addressing one of the elements may not be sufficient. Obtaining adequate minerals above just calcium is also needed. I'll never forget reading that a calcium deficiency is not usually a result of inadequate calcium, but more likely a lacking of the synergistic mineral magnesium.

For example... D and calcium are good and all, but as we're learning from research done by Chris Masterjohn, which has been extended from the work of Dr. Price, vitamin K2 is needed in order to carry out the magic that vitamins A & D set in motion, which includes utilization of calcium and phosphorus and deposition in bones & teeth. Vitamin A is needed (from natural animal sources) to properly utilize vitamin D and also plays a role in bone remodeling above and beyond just vitamin D. The mainstream medical community likes to think that nutrients and minerals work in a vacuum, but the truth is that it is more complex than that and the requirements of the human body are a little more sophisticated than that.

If you haven't reviewed this already, I would recommend reading it in its entirety: http://www.westonaprice.org/basicnu...vitamin-k2.html

To try and answer your question: When Price put nutritionally deficient children on nutrient-dense diets with adequate fat soluble nutrients (activators) and minerals, he observed healing of broken bones and increased bone density within months of beginning the regimen. So, assuming you're doing things right, you should be able to see results fairly quickly, as when you give the body the raw materials it needs to build itself strong and healthy, it will go to work immediately!