Thread: low-carb books
View Single Post
  #64   ^
Old Mon, Jun-25-18, 11:52

Plan: mostly milkfat
Stats: 190/152.4/154 Male 67inches
BF:
Progress: 104%

I'm on the moderate protein rather than "more is better" side due to wanting to be in ketosis, because I seem to do better there, whether it's the ketosis or that's just the therapeutic dose of heavy cream I respond to. But all this stuff about lower protein populations doing better--meh.

Blue zone populations? There's 7 billion people on the planet. Most of them eat higher carb, lower animal fat and protein diets than in more prosperous countries. Blue zones aren't a major part of the world population, and they're not even a major fraction of the world population that's eating lower animal food, "plant-based" diets. Somebody's going to live longest, somebody's going to win the longevity lottery.

Lady lives to be 116, smoked all her life? When she was young, everybody smoked. She's just the one that lived.

There is evidence vs. protein in animals. Colin Campbells rats lived longer on low animal protein, as long as they didn't die first. It prolonged life vs. cancer, without actually extending life. Also restriction models, calorie or otherwise, generally work vs diets that cause premature death and over-consumption--restriction of a diet that wasn't going to shorten life is way less likely to "extend" life, it's a correction more than an extension.