View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Fri, Jul-12-02, 14:32

Plan: Sugar Busters!
Stats: 182/178/140
BF:26%
Progress: 10%
Talking Wheat Pizza Dough

Tonight I made mini-pizzas for my husband and I They were like those mini-pizzas from Pizza Hut, but a little bigger in size. I used the WW Pizza Crust (from Wild Oats Supermarket), low-sugar tomato sauce, LOTS of cheese, ham, turkey bacon, turkey pepperoni, green peppers, onions, and mushrooms. I figured since neither of us has had our starch carbs today, the pizzas would be fine. I also found some good wheat pizza dough recipes at http://www.vegweb.com, including the following. Hope you enjoy!!

Ingredients:

4 cups whole wheat flour
1 cup lukewarm water
1 teaspoon salt
1 package yeast
2 teaspoons sugar substitute
3 tablespoons olive oil

Directions:

Mix flour, sugar, and salt together. Dissolve yeast in water and add to flour mixture. Stir until dough has absorbed all water then add olive oil. Mix until dough is not sticky, adding water or flour as necessary (should not need much of either using the above amounts). Knead the dough for 8 to 10 minutes then place in a covered bowl in a warm draft free area for 30 minutes or until dough has doubled in size. Then knead for 2 or 3 more minutes and let rise 20 minutes more.

Now roll the dough out. The above recipe should make enough crust for one 16" deep dish pizza or two 16" regular pizzas. Either way, roll out two 16" crusts. For deep dish, put the first one in the pan, then add tomato sauce, veggies, and tons of soy cheese. Then place your second crust over this and pinch the two crusts together. Add a top layer of tomato sauce and another ton of soy cheese. Now cook in a hot oven ( 500 degrees or more) for 20-30 minutes