#51   ^
Old Thu, Sep-17-09, 09:59

Plan: VLC, mostly meat
Stats: 202/200/165 Male 5' 7"
BF:
Progress: 5%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valtor
Like I said, this is where we disagree. We can't ignore the evidence that people worldwide were healthy on all sorts of different macronutrient ratios.

Patrick

Proportions are meaningless. Absolute quantity is what's important. 70lbs per year for 20 years is the threshold for the DOCs to appear. Where those carbohydrate come from is irrelevant. Refined (fiber taken out basically) means we can eat a whole lot more and attain that threshold more easily and develop the DOCs sooner, which is happening right now all over. Yet it's not the refining or processing that does this since we can refine and process fat meat to make pemmican out of it and that's about as good as the original if not better. Diabetic (type 2) kids!? It used to be called "adult onset" for a reason. But now that we eat about 150lbs of sugar per year, the DOCs appear much, much sooner.

The evidence says that every population that added carbohydrate to their diet promptly developed the DOCs. If I was a pharma giant and if there's one angle I'd take seriously, it'd be that one.