View Single Post
  #44   ^
Old Tue, Jan-17-06, 05:42
Princess Sara

Plan: Dukan
Stats: 210/165.6/150 Female 5 ft 4 inches
BF:---
Progress: 74%

I've broken through my plateau. Thanks so much to this forum--I didn't realize how many hidden carbs I was consuming, how much more water I needed, or that I was brave enough to increase my exercise.

This morning my weight is 143 and my blood sugar is 91. Did you ever think that numbers would be so much a part of your life? I always hated math. I can't help but think of how many years I felt like my numbers were controlling me. I was bewildered by the raising number on the scale and the erractic ones from the blood glucose monitor. Dang! Ain't this a purty picture!?

Well I'm off to one of those school system meetings. Ugh! a day of meetings. I will miss the kids. These system-wide meetings are kinda fun as far as people watching. First of all, it is fun to see custodians and lunchroom ladies in "regular" clothes. (Not unlike when you saw your teacher at the grocery store, when you were a kid. It just didn't fit with your brain/schemata). Also, as I've said, Alabama women can dress! I picked out my "cute-as-I-can-be outfit" last night. Unfortunately, it is supposed to rain and I was gonna wear my high-heeled boots. I think I will anyway. My Sweet Mama always said to wear really good shoes if you were going to be a boring event--it gave you something to look at. Now, I am becoming My Sweet Mama...she is so proud.
Have a good one,
Sara<><