#13   ^
Old Fri, Apr-12-24, 12:56

Plan: Keto / Atkins VLC
Stats: 173/147.4/135 Female 5'6"
BF:23.9
Progress: 67%

Quote:
Originally Posted by WereBear
For me, the cancer connection with sugar comes from the fact that we have two systems: fat burning or carb burning. Carb burning is one of those short term things you get into when the berries ripen, and when the harvest comes in, and things like that.

But most of the time we wouldn't have enough carbs to be sugar burners. We'd be in ketosis.

Since carbs are not essential, ketosis must be our natural state, and it even builds in an indulgence for the winter solstice holidays 🤣

Maybe the thing is that our sugar burning system is not meant to be something we're in 24/7 & all year.

Yes! I have also come to think that ketosis would be our natural state, and a state we would only leave occasionally (seasonal sweet fruits, etc). Eating a lot of sugar, which is something so many modern day people do because sugar seems to be in virtually all processed foods, creates a situation in which the body is over-producing insulin almost continually. I'm not diabetic or even near it, but if I eat a lot of sugar I feel quite sick, surely that is my body telling me to cut back immediately. I always feel best, healthiest, most energetic, most clear headed when I'm not eating any sugar at all.