View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Sat, Apr-05-03, 23:30

Plan: Atkins,PP
Stats: 202/147/120
BF:
Progress: 67%

hello i am a singaporean and in fact you dont have to worry about not being able to find splenda/equal or diet sodas. you can go to supermarkets like "Cold Storage" where they cater more for the foreign expats...they have more foreign imports that may suit you.

where are you going to stay during your 6 mths assignment in singapore? usually the expats are mostly concentrated in southern area...but more and more foreigners are moving to other housing areas in singapore.

basically u still can do low-carb when u cook your own food. eating out is still a problem for me coz most of the food courts still have those rice and noodle dishes. the best places would be those restaurants/cafes serving steaks....seafood....

a pity to say that a lot of great singaporean food are laden with carbohydrates. but when u are in singapore, you should try some local dishes...whats more there is an annual food festival now...

btw, singapore is still having the SARS virus so do remember to take precautions before u arrive....

just let me know if u got any more queries! i'll be glad to help.