View Single Post
  #48   ^
Old Sat, Dec-08-18, 11:20

Plan: atkins
Stats: 200/170/160 Female 5'7"
BF:
Progress: 75%

This is such a great thread. I’m not at maintence yet, but with 10 slooooow pounds to go I feel pre-maintence skills or “tools” are important.

I went back to tracking in August and I agree with Barb’s thoughts — seeing the macros balance out, etc. was satisfying. After 4 months, last week I decided to stop tracking and it has been really interesting to see my reaction. I had to struggle with feelings of being “off my diet” (**turns in shock to look at self in shock**) what diet!!??? I’m not on a diet!! This is a total life change, two years in...

Very weird, there were a few days of thinking maybe I’d have a bite of this or that and having to reign myself in...because I’d stopped tracking! Losing the support of the structure of tracking made a (temporary) change in my thinking. I’ve bounced back now but wow, a learning experience. I can see how if I were at goal it could cause some slippage.

Like if I didn’t track the food maybe it didn’t really happen?!?

I’m still weighing daily and recording that. I think if I stop that I’d have a similar reaction. These two habits seem to support staying on track even when not losing (I generally stall/maintain for about 6 weeks every 5 pounds).

I think for me the combination of recording during maintenance will be : daily weighing, allowing for a 3 pound fluctuation. And if a weight gain of 5, go back to tracking to be sure macros are in line.