#9   ^
Old Mon, Jul-27-15, 12:51
Registered Member

Plan: modified S.B./Semi-Veggie
Stats: 206/153/145 Female 64 "
BF:too much to count
Progress: 87%

Thanks all for your replies,
After searching online checking my symptoms and all I have been going through I seriously believe I'm either gluten sensitive or have Celiac disease. Doesn't really matter either way to me, the only way to feel better is omit all gluten products, which I have. I was shocked to discover that my sunflower seeds contain wheat, and my Lindt dark chocolate bar may contain some gluten.. bummer for me but not worth the pain or feeling like crap. I recently found the "South Beach Gluten Diet" book at Amazon, just started reading it. I have checked out some gluten free products, but most are high carb with lots of added sugars. So back to natural food diet minus any grains.I'm a little afraid of trying oatmeal...just not sure how I will handle it. I thought about seeing my Dr. but from what I've read to get a positive test result you have to add gluten back into your diet.. not something I want to deal with again after days of pain,bloating,gas (my poor family), loss of appetite and all the other stuff I have gone through. I will check out "Wheat Belly" too, always wanted to read it anyway just haven't had time.
A few other items I found out about gluten intolerance is a lot of people have other autoimmune problems, like me for example I also have Lupus. Also there is a connection between gluten intolerance and sometimes lactose intolerance..which I didn't know. Nothing like scouring the internet when you have a major belly ache 😫 and your looking for answers. I do feel a little better now and from what I've read it can take a few days to a few weeks to feel completely better. It's just a relief to figure out what was wrong.. I figured it had to be something I ate that didn't agree with me. Thanks again for all the help.