#8   ^
Old Mon, Nov-10-14, 09:59

Plan: No factory-processed food
Stats: 230/147/147 Male 5' 10"
BF:
Progress: 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowcarbedd
Im bumping this up.......this is an important question that needs consideration by those in the process of losing and for those close to goal...IMHO it is essential to see the goal as maintenance not achieving a desired weight.....I am curious to see how many who posted on this thread achieved goal and are maintaining...??

I did not post on this thread; but I have been maintaining now for nearly three years, and I have continued, I think, to make progress in learning how to manage my weight. It is becoming easier.

Once I had lost the weight I became fascinated by my remaining areas of weakness and I worked hard to understand them and eliminate them. For example, I occasionally allowed myself to eat more than usual, knowing I could take any extra weight back off afterwards. Gradually I have overcome the mentality that wanted to have a cheat now and then. I still overeat sometimes when I am out for a meal or visiting or at a family do, but I no longer plan such excursions. I see them as a natural part of a normal life. Everyone does that occasionally, including non weight watchers.

I have learned more and more about how my brain works, and I have used this to create self-talk that stops me getting out of control. I have also systematically trained myself to lose my cravings for fattening foods. Over time I have come to enjoy vegetables and fruits in a way I would never have thought possible. The secret has been not to allow myself cheats with my crave foods; that just resets the craving. Over time, not feeding the cravings pretty much shuts them up. This was a big secret to discover.

Bit by bit I have taken willpower out of the equation, because I actually prefer my good habits and find them more comfortable.