View Single Post
  #33   ^
Old Fri, Aug-01-08, 13:12

Plan: Organic Dukan Attack
Stats: 132/129.4/116 Female 4' 11"
BF:
Progress: 16%
Lightbulb

I find this discussion very interesting. I have recently been panicking over a sudden weight increase that I couldn't explain. One thing that made the gain puzzling was that my macro percentages and total calories hadn't changed much, but the weight is creeping up. On going back through my Fitday journals and looking at food selections not just counts and percentages, I see that when my weight was at its lowest and my energy levels best, I was eating about 60 total, 40 net, carbs per day and they were coming from a wide variety of vegetables, oat bran, some fruit, Ry Krisp crackers, and, surprisingly, milk. I was not using heavy cream, and, while I was eating full fat cheese, there was less of it and more olive oil, avocado, and hummus. I even had occasional splurges on pizza or chocolate but the weight dropped right off again within a couple of days. In short, it looks like the quality of carb and fat, along with fiber, was a bigger factor than I realized. My diet was actually quite "Beachy," except for the non-fat and reduced-fat dairy. (I simply won't eat that stuff. I'd rather have half an ounce of real cheese than 4 ounces of fat-free plastic.)

Here's my plan. I am going to go away now. Put my scale away, and for one solid month (handily, today is August 1), eat exactly like I did during my best days, as described. A month from now I'll come back and tell everyone if I've begun to lose again.