View Single Post
  #2   ^
Old Tue, Nov-06-18, 11:13

Plan: Very LC, Higher Protein
Stats: 227/186/185 Male 6' 0"
BF:
Progress: 98%

Demi - thank you for posting this. It touched me especially knowing that the force of the majority of experts in the medical fields that treat T1D are living in a mythical world. The clinical experts like Dr. Bernstein who have learned to live and prosper despite their diabetes are the bright lights in this situation, but to change the popular view, actions need to be taken to get the attention of the mainstream. Bethany Reynolds McKenzie's documentary will help in that respect.

This quote really grabbed me, as today, there is an epidemic of T2D around the world, primarily due (this is my hypothesis) to the preponderance of processed carbs and sugar consumption. However, the rate of T1 has been increasing and we've started to see more adult diagnosis of T1 when 30 years in the past it was primarily something people were diagnosed with at or shortly after birth.
Quote:
"In the United States, we spend more money on our health care and less money on food than anywhere else in the world." Bethany Reynolds McKenzie

It's striking that collectively around the world that we know little about human nutritional needs and what constitutes a healthy diet. So, for now, is it our destiny through Epigenetics to saddle future generations with insulin resistance from birth and a much higher chance to contract T1 and T2D due to the way we eat today? Yes, we need a wake up call that cuts through the dietary dogma that exists today to understand and embrace how humans must eat to maintain health. We must change the views of the establishment one physician at a time.