#5   ^
Old Fri, Feb-01-13, 19:43

Plan: HF/LC Primal
Stats: 235/134/130 Female 62 inches
BF:
Progress: 96%

Thanks for the congrats, everybody!

Quote:
I'd love to know some of your tricks for getting through special occasions cheat-free.

I'll be honest - at first I was white knuckling it. I never let myself get hungry so that could never be an excuse. Even though I was over the initial withdrawl symptoms I still had strong cravings for about 2 -3 months. One day I realized I wasn't looking for reasons to cheat; I was thinking about what I could eat that was LC.

I always know what's going to be served if I'm not eating at home. Most places (or people) have some kind of meat dish and/or vegetables. If there's nothing I can eat, I eat before I go and I don't eat when I get there.
For things that happen at our house I just make what I want. I made a LC cheesecake for my birthday and for desert on Christmas.
SO I guess my trick is always knowing what's coming (to the best of my ability). I don't go to a restaurant without already knowing what I'm getting. I knew what I was eating for Thanksgiving a week in advance.
Christmas was at our house so I knew what we were having.
If for some reason I had to go somewhere and couldn't eat before hand and I didn't know what they were having, I'd pack a meal and leave it in the car and just go out and eat it when I got hungry. (Assuming there was nothing suitable to eat.)
Always have a plan. (And a back up plan.)
Don't set yourself up to fail. If you think a situation is going to make you cheat - avoid it. I know it sounds anti-social but it won't last forever. You'll eventually be able to be around any kind of food and have no desire to cheat.
Hope that helps