Old Sat, Mar-26-16, 02:51

Plan: MyOwn:CHO<90g/d
Stats: 207/149/150 Male 169 cm
BF:40%/17%/18%
Progress: 102%

Quote:
Originally Posted by WereBear
Tracking can be an astonishing tool.

Agreed. I think a big benefit is that it can help you to gradually optimise your choice and quantity of specific foods. For the first 3 months I was on LC I was actually eating about 125g/d of carbs, which a lot of people wouldn't regard as low carb. One reason for this was sort of psychological.

It took me a while to adjust to the idea of eating very high amounts of fat - I guess because I had been brainwashed for so long about how 'bad they are'. Initially I could not imagine breakfast without some kind of cereal or bread so I continued to have some but in smaller servings.

Nonetheless I got results probably because even 125g/d carbs was a huge reduction relative to my previous eating habits. Gradually though I learned how to eliminate certain foods and modify my menus until I reduced carbs down to around 70 to 80g/d. I know this would still be high for some people but it seems to be ok for me. I enjoy the slightly greater range of food choices this gives me than if I had to go lower to say less than 50g/d. But the tracking has been hugely helpful for achieving this and it becomes easier as time goes by.