View Single Post
  #13   ^
Old Tue, Dec-17-19, 09:12

Plan: my own LC
Stats: 179/141/145 Female 67 inches
BF:
Progress: 112%

Benay, it sounds like you know what you need to do and you are serious about losing weight, so i won't try to give you new advice. But I will try to encourage you to stay the path.

I am 66 and have been post menopausal since I had breast cancer in 1996. I have been on some version of low carb for many years and did lose some weight before I plateaued for another many years. In June of 2018 I knew I had to get healthy. I had two defective heart valves that would require open heart surgery. I couldn't exercise because I didn't have the endurance or breath. My A1c continued to climb. My doc told me to eat fewer than 50 carbs a day. Mostly that was possible. But sometimes I ate 60, or 75. It happens. The weight went up and down. But I really wanted to get my insulin resistance under control so I kept at it. I fasted 16 hours most days, I weighed myself every day and still do. I measured my food and recorded all of it because I had to.
It's hard to do the right stuff and gain weight. Eating Deli meat and hard cheese retained water. But I knew my diet would improve my A1c. It took a year, but my A1c is now 5.1 and my weight is in the normal range. I never exercised.
Do what you know is right for you and please be patient. Your weight will go up and down but you will be healthier.