View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Aug-25-20, 09:30

Plan: atkins, carnivore 2023
Stats: 200/211/163 Female 5'8"
BF:
Progress: -30%

Teaser you said "Also--discipline is limited, most useful I think in designing an environment where I'm not driven to fail." And this is true, too true.

As a society, we changed the avalability of alcohol and cigarettes. Seat belts, safety glass, crumple fronts are the norm in automobiles. As well as separate front and back breaks. Electrical wiring in a building has been changed several times and is mandated by law. My Hvac son tells me how the fine is HUGE to allow certain refrigerants to be emitted into the air. Here liability car insurance is required and not an option to drive a car in MA. Other states vary on this. Helmets for motorcycles reauired. Fire detectors in new house contruction reauired. Children must have all listed vaccinations to attend public school.

There are hundreds of laws and rules governing food, but we seem to have missed the bigger pucture. The quality of the food itself.

That we are surrounded by garbage..."foods" that I will not feed to my dogs and chickens. "Foods" that dont get dumped in compost. Goes in trash.

Of course, my teens will grab it and gobble it down. It comes into my house via food pantry boxes. Food selected for me. Pre covidI could avoid crap food. Now I pick up boxes packed for the general public, filled with sweets, cookies, cold cereal, sugar filled granola bars, etc.

We are forced at every turn to avoid garbage food. How people surtound themselves by crap is very different than the meals my mother made 50 years ago. Non-gmo . More organic. More local.

More time spent on aquiring quality food.