View Single Post
  #10   ^
Old Sat, Mar-11-23, 08:20

Plan: EpiPaleo/Primal/LowOx
Stats: 220/130/150 Female 67
BF:
Progress: 129%

Back at a real keyboard as my iPad decides it will just choose onscreen keyboards at random.

I did wade through the food section but what really astonishes is how it exposes the mindset of how medicine has devolved to people who are not aware of it.

We don't blink at stats like this, because we lived them.

Quote:
When I went to medical school in 1976, diabetes was rare; only 5 percent of people in the US over age sixty-five had it, and the prevalence in the general population was 2.5 percent. By 2014 there were 422 million diabetics, at 10.3 percent of the population.

He points out it used to be called adult onset diabetes, but now it's type II and in children.

How many people know that historical fact? No one born in the 80's or beyond. That's when the low fat thing really took off.

WE know what a disaster it was. But Metabolical has a bigger goal. It's about opening minds to make their own decisions once they know the distorted message that's being spread with lots of money.

To rescue the health care of the world, everyone needs to know some basics so we can at least have discussions that don't devolve into people screaming into the void because they are addicted to food that keeps them unhappy and sick and prone to mental and physical disorders.

That's the real emergency, he says, and here, I agree with him. And consider it an important book.