View Single Post
  #6   ^
Old Fri, Jan-02-04, 18:00

Plan: Atkins
Stats: // Female 5 feet
BF:
Progress: 33%

Maureen: I also have a 15 yr old daughter who has been part of our family lc'ing for the past 3 months. She would love to have another 15 yr old to chat with. She does chat on this site in the teen forum. Let me know.

Deb: My daughter brings lunch daily. Most days are some form of salad with meat in it. Chicken ceasar, Greek Salad with chicken, salad with tuna or chicken salad. Sometimes she brings a sandwich on lc bread. As a side I pack cheese sticks, veggie sticks, salad dressing for dipping, cream cheese or peanutbutter stuffed celery, nuts, and lc protein bars that I make. If your son will eat cold left overs the possibilities are endless LC wraps are easy too using the lc tortillas with deli meat and salad veggies. It is so important not to let yourself get too hungry because then you overeat. So my daughter brings a protein bar for mid morning. Then after school she eats another snack. Some snacks she enjoys are ricotta with sf pudding mix, cheese, deli turkey rolled up with feta cheese inside, almond meal pancakes (recipe called almond-vanilla pancakes on this site) and a wide variety of snacks I make from the Dana Carpender 500 LC Recipes book. Search the recipes on this site for many great ideas. I have found that lc baking takes some trial and error to understand but there is the possibility of high fiber, whole grain products that actually taste good even to a teen ager The interesting thing is that in a relatively short time periond, tastes change. Addictions to sugar and carbs in general disipate and things that before weren't acceptable as a snack are suddenly exactly what you are craving Good Luck! Let us know how it is going!