View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Sat, Dec-19-09, 12:26

Plan: Keto IMO Atkins 72 Induct
Stats: 283/229/180 Female 5'3"
BF:mini goal 250, 225
Progress: 52%
Default Coconut flour rolls/bread

I had a holiday party last night to attend at an Italian restaurant. I absolutely LOVE the oil with herbs for bread dipping at this particular restaurant. So, I decided to try a new bread-type recipe, based upon this recipe. I halved the recipe only because I was testing it and, quite frankly, was in a super hurry because I left work late and needed to make these (and shower and change and be out the door) within 35-40 minutes. I didn't think about this recipe until Friday afternoon at work.

These were the PERFECT texture for dipping in oil and herbs. They might've been a *touch* too sweet for a dinner roll but otherwise, PERFECTION!!!!!! Actually, they remind me of the "King Hawaiian" rolls. I'm sooooo stoked about this. They are VERY filling. I suspect you could dab some butter on top and help them brown but their yellow color is very pretty - looks like cornbread. They were very moist as well.

These made 3 large "rolls" that were tall enough to be cut in half and used as sandwich bread. They taste good cold too. I didn't try freezing them.

Ingredients:
4 large eggs
1/4 cup coconut oil or butter, melted (I used European salted butter)
1/4 cup coconut milk
4 drops Sweetfreeze*
5 t Erithritol*
1/2 t vanilla
1/2 teaspoon lime juice
1/4 teaspoon salt (I forgot to add this and they were still perfect)
1/3 cup coconut flour (I used Bob's Red Mill Organic)
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 t Xanthan Gum

*for less sweet rolls, try decreasing the Sweetfreeze by 1 drop and the Erithritol by 1 teaspoon

Directions:
Mix all together until smooth - I used a fork. Line the pan with parchment paper - this is VERY much an essential step!!!!! Plop equal amounts into 3 4.5" cake pans. Bake for 30 minutes in preheated oven at 350.

(Because I was in a hurry (I needed them for a restaurant dinner at 7 and I didn't start until 6:10 and it was a 15 minute drive to the restaurant), after about 25 minutes I turned the oven up to 400-425 (my oven is not very exact) for five minutes. One pan got added late so I removed the two that were done (knife inserted came out clean) and turned the oven off while I left the last one in the oven to continue cooking while the oven cooled. The other two I wrapped in foil and took them with me to the firm holiday party at a local Italian restaurant. They were still warm when I got to the restaurant.)

Nutritional values for entire recipe:
Carbs: 46.61
Net carbs: 14.94
Fat: 35.95
Protein: 31.65
Calories: 633
Sponsored Links