View Single Post
  #49   ^
Old Mon, Mar-17-03, 11:03
Registered Member

Plan: Dr. Bernstein
Stats: 273/260/225
BF:
Progress: 27%

I too, live in Manchester...over near Memorial high school...Lessara, what luck have you had getting low carb products? I have been visiting low Carb Heaven in Hookset/Manchester line but they are always out of stuff....I asked them why they didn't carry Almond Flour and they said they do not as it has a short shelf life and they told me to get it off the internet...made me wonder what all those other products they have in the refrigerator were considered.....

I have tried to make my own almond flour from, well, almonds, but too grainy....used a coffeee grinder....

I am learning to cook my own stuff, used soy flour for muffins for the first time this weekend( gave up on Almond Flour) with great results.......How goes it with you?

Just wanted to mention something that happened to me this weekend...I was at Bickfords on S. Willow street and ordered an Omelette and asked for extra cheese and bacon instead of pancakes. The waitress gave me a knowing smile and said "Low carb, right"?... I was amazed at how well known this WOE is becoming if a waitress can guess low carb just from what you order...very encouraging.....