View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Thu, Apr-10-03, 01:27

Plan: carb/calorie cycling
Stats: 187/134/128 Female 1,59m
BF:36%/25%/21%
Progress: 90%

BFL should be OKish with CKD but I have the feeling that this only holds true for men.
Women generally use less glycogen than men do and I guess that carb up rules don't apply to the same extent.
At least, I gained so much weight in the weekend (even when NOT overeating more than recommended) that I'd only lose that weight by the next weekend.

Furthermore : carbups gave me wild water retention swings.. you pee like mad 1-2 days after going back to strict keto.

So, I switched to TKD and had waaaay more carbs, but only before and after workouts and if the session is longer than 45 mins, also during workouts (like during bike rides).

This works very well for me and in the weekend I eat less extra carbs... and feel a lot more energetic on strenuous workouts.

However, I still didn't lose weight.. eventually I did 2 things:
- lower calorie intake to 22 g/kg BW (10 kcal/lbs) , apparently my metabolism is just way too slow
- take ephedrine with caffeine 1-3 times /day (depending on how strenuous my exercise would be I take more with little exercise and less with a lot to avoid 'overheating' )

Good luck

Fietser