#76   ^
Old Sun, Nov-03-02, 10:37
Registered Member

Plan: SuManKins
Stats: 321/249/221 Female 64 inches
BF:Let's not go there
Progress: 72%
Smile Good Morning~Some Words on Positive thoughts~

Hey all of you ppl who have come over to check out this thread~ firstly, we are happy that you have decided to give it a look-see... Now what are you going to do with what you have seen? We can't "make" you practice anything you have seen here. We can only testify what it has done in our lives, and in the lives of others. We can smile and be happy as we see the power of affirmations and visualizations working for others, as they discover that there is actually power in them... there have been books wrote about this for many many years. Norman Vincent Peale's book, The Power of Positive Thinking is actually using the power of thought. I know there are many who do not think this is "Christian". Wasn't it Christ who said, " As one thinks in his heart, so is he?" and it is said that it is with the heart that comes our thoughts, and it is "out of the mouth that the heart speaks". Some years ago, there was this guy who was going out with a friend of mine, they still see each other off and on. He had and still has the filthiest mouth on him, and it is worse when he is drinking. I tried to avoid him when he was like that, but one day it was necessary to go by his house to get my friend. Tom started his usual tirade of filth, even making fun of the cross around my neck, and then commenting on my body... I looked at him, and said, "You know in the Bible it says out of the mouth, the heart speaks, and I sure would hate to see your heart from the filth that comes out of your mouth." He was speechless... never had I seen him without anything to say, and even in his state of intoxication, did he realize the truth of what I had said.Do some observing... watch how ppl talk, and yourself as well. Listen to how many times ppl say things like "My ________(fill in the blank) is KILLING me, or I would give my left arm(or whatever body part) to own something like that,or "when I am old,they will have to take care of me... just a few examples...before you say something... try to keep it in a positive light... is it easy? You will find out just how often negative things are spoken, and I will let you in on a secret... as you become MORE aware of how speaking positive affects things for the good, you will become more and more vigilant as to how others speak... things like, oh I will never lose this weight, we never have enough money to do what we want, we ALWAYS do this or that... or whatever it is... NOTE how it is being said... turn it around! SPEAK POSITIVE!! I can "hear" many of you saying, you just don't know how it is for me... how can I say something that is not so? Even in the Bible, it says that one must have faith... and what is faith? "Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for,for the conviction of things not seen."Hebrews 11:1, what does this say... Faith is BELIEVING that one will get what they ASK FOR, and BELIEVING it WILL come about, EVEN WHEN IT IS NOT SEEN WITH THE EYES! If something is not seen... then it is believed... and what is a belief? It is a THOUGHT!.... and this morning, that is where my thoughts are... maybe it doesn't mean anything to some,... but I think for some... it is what needs to be heard... the *aha factor*... the Oh I get it now factor... and that, is my two cents worth~
Sponsored Links