#5   ^
Old Thu, Apr-25-19, 12:32

Plan: very low carb real food
Stats: 245/125/135 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 109%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meme#1
I remember my DH's great uncle who had diabetes and was then on in-home dialysis. His claim that the every morning Oatmeal was keeping him healthy really made me question what kind of advise he was getting.

My elderly downstairs neighbor has diabetes. He has oatmeal for breakfast every day. There is nothing about his diet that is helping to either optimize or even maintain his current level of health (bladder cancer, early stage dementia, copd, congestive heart failure among others I suspect). His diet is just adding to all his health issues. His wife is just home from 6 weeks spent in a hospital and then rehab following a heart attack. The dietary advice she was given is terrible, the low fat no salt mantra. It's all so sad. Their daughter, who is staying with them to help out, also has diabetes and some form of heart disease. She is in her 60's, a few years younger than I am and her diet is no better. Son, also in his 60's, is also in terrible health. When there is dietary information that could help so many people it does seem criminal not only not to disseminate it widely but instead to advise a diet that is creating the problems and making people sicker.