View Single Post
  #102   ^
Old Thu, Feb-03-05, 10:54

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 159/141.7/130 Female 5'7"
BF: LOTS!
Progress: 60%

update

I'm down a bit more (147.75 this morning!). Yesterday was what I considered a challenge for hoodia -- my husband and I went to a big corporate shindig with a free bar, appetizers, and a huge buffet....

Before we left, I took 2 hoodia tabs. Once there, I got a cup of coffee (I was cold!) while my husband had a drink. Didn't eat any appetizers (servers were walking aorund with platters of tiny open-faced sandwiches, etc.).

Then at the buffet, I stuck strictly to what I was hoping to be low carb (at a buffet, you can never be sure of just what is in the salad dressing, if a marinade loaded with sugar was used, etc.) -- I got a small serving of caesar salad, some prime rib, chicken medallions, and (my cheat!) 2 coconut shrimp.

Didn't even finish most of what I took. Then I totally bypassed the desserts table -- the people sitting with us were bringing back plates with little cakes and tarts, chocolate strawberries, chocolate mousse, etc.

Afterwards, I drank a diet Coke (couldn't find a glass of water-- but I sure could have had a liqueur!) -- and I felt a bit too full!

I was worried that my weight might go up a bit (salt content, if nothing else) but it actually dropped a bit from yesterday! I'm still worried about a bounce up, from the extra salt, but won't stress out if it happens.

Anyway, I really think this stuff is working for me!