View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Mon, Feb-17-20, 20:17

Plan: My own
Stats: 186/155/150 Female 5'4"
BF:
Progress: 86%
Default Teaching about Vit K2

I belong to a group of ladies who meet every Monday, ostensibly to encourage each other to weight loss, but, as we all have differing ideas on how to accomplish that, we usually end up talking about books, or the various aches and pains of old age. (Note: I am 68, and the youngest of the group). Today one of our group was talking about foods containing calcium, as she had been told she shouldn't take tablets. Another chimed in that eating spinach was not a good idea, as it can lead to kidney stones, as she knew to her cost. I tossed in, are people taking Vit K2? Total blank. What is it, what does it do? And when I told them how it is useful in redirecting calcium to the bones, rather than the arteries, they were all agog. All of them, to a greater or lesser extent, have bone density issues. Not one had heard anything about Vit K2 from their doctors. Isn't that from certain vegetables? No, that is Vit K1. I think they will all be looking it up at home.
They may not be open to low carb, but I'm happy to think I was able to give them some advice they could listen to
Sponsored Links