View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Fri, Jan-25-02, 05:21

Plan: Paleo
Stats: 260/260/155 Female 69 inches
BF:
Progress: 0%
Default Help - too many suggestions

I started low carbing by reading Atkins and Protein Power. I started 13 August at 230 and rapidly lost down to 214. I also have high blood pressure and high cholesteral. Then I was away from home a lot for the next few months but maintained the 214. In October I found this wonderful forum. At Christmas I went up to 220 but went back to 214 the next week.

I haven't had any significant weight lose since August. I have been really good since Christmas. I am still at 213/214 with high blood pressure! After reading all the books and all the suggestions, I have given up all caffeine, diet drinks in general, heavy cream, hard cheese, bacon, lunch meat, etc, etc. No sweets or starchy carbs. I even gave up my blood pressure medicine for a week and monitored it 3 times a day. After seeing how high it was, I started taking it again.

I am living on salmon, fish, chicken, eggs, cream cheese and vegies (LC of course). I am keeping my calories to 10 times my weight, my ratio is 2% carbs, 60-70% fat and the rest protein. I take my vitamins regularly. I go to the gym 3 times a week and do 2 miles on the treadmill and upper body on the Nautalis equipment.

I really want to lose this weight and am afraid to read another book because I can't give up much else. Any suggestions? I don't want to get bored with this but I really need to lose. Thanks all - Susan
Sponsored Links