Old Sun, Dec-19-10, 09:55
Attitude is a Choice

Plan: No sugar, flour, wheat
Stats: 228.4/209.0/170 Female 5'6"
BF:stl/too/mch
Progress: 33%

Quote:
Originally Posted by FREE2BEME
I think that's where I've gone wrong in the past. I tend to stay very low carb and then get stuck there, thinking I should stay at induction until I'm 20 lbs from my goal. But, the fact is that during that time, I reach a stall and then I miss carrots and extra cream and things that really don't seem to knock me out of ketosis, although I'm sure it does slow the weight loss a bit. Then I go completely off track and think "I'll start next week". I'm going to make this a lifestyle for me, rather than a diet, which means that I have to work the phases of my plan. Every diet that I've ever been on has failed, including Atkins, simply because I didn't commit to making this a lifestyle change...to look at it from a long term perspective.

What I see with many like yourself, is that they too tend to stay at or below 20 grams of carbs per day thinking that if 20 grams a day is a good amount, then less must be better. THAT IS WRONG!!! That is exactly why there are 4 phases to Atkins plan, 3 phases to SBD.
What I see happening with myself and others is that when they begin to add in the good carbs to their plans, it actually stimulates their metabolism and they begin to lose at a more steady rate...that is what happened to me.
What I also see is those who stay too low for too long stall out. IMO, they stall out simply because their body needs a bit higher level of carbs to function better.

You don't go overboard adding back in but slowly adding in 1 food at a time monitoring your body's responses. Not daily either at first, more like just a few days a week. You build this very slowly.
So I strongly suggest that you go back and reread about OWL phase of Atkins and begin to track your foods either here in a journal or somewhere, so that you can begin to learn how your body reacts.