View Single Post
  #7   ^
Old Tue, Jul-08-03, 06:36
Registered Member

Plan: atkins
Stats: 155/155/155 Male 5'7"
BF:
Progress:

Elixia, I hear ya on the '24 every 24' thing. Some of my buddies were waaaay worse too! We've all kinda slowed down though.

cc48510, yeah I forgot to mention that I'm not really doing LC for weightloss. I've read that it often helps inflammatory conditions and I'm hoping it will help my tendonitis.

As for the ketosis thing, here is my current understanding about our bodies' energy production. First, our bodies can, for the most part, only use glucose or ketones at any given time for energy production. If carbohydrate consumption exceeds 40gms, then the body will attempt to use glucose. This will mean that if I continue to eat large quantities of fat (because I think I'm still low carb), that this fat can easily be stored as body fat due to the insulin response from the carbs (very BAD)!

So, if I drink, I'll try to drink no carb spirits. At least that way, I'll still be using ketones for energy (even if they are from alcohol). I realize that I won't burn any of the food I eat while under the influence, but atleast I won't have to go through a 1-2 day waiting period to get by body back on using ketones instead of glucose (which I would have to do if I drank 12 beers X 5 gms carbs = 60 gms).

Does that sound about right?