#92   ^
Old Fri, Mar-14-03, 11:06
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 196/179/150
BF:Ugh!
Progress: 37%

Hey Kingwood...

I of course only have 30 seconds to answer this 2 hour question!! But it's such a good one, and it's something I've been working on recently and continue to examine...

Abandonment is a big issue for me. I can trace the onset of childhood depression back to being 10 years old, with another major trauma at 12, then 10 years of isolation, etc.

By the time I was an adult taking "care" of myself, I had layer on top of layer on my body...just trying to insulate, protect, even some type of "keeping what I have left" ON me at all times...

It's deep, but the roots of addiction and self abuse are, huh? This has been a long journey for me...one that I thought was settled for good...but recently had another "abandonment" trigger combined with a "trauma" to boot...and guess what???

The flood of Noah...

Doing very well these days...dealing face to face with the "trigger" this time...finding ways NOT to let it fester like the last one did for so many years... trying to put forgiveness into the mix now, more understanding, less judgement... but MAN is that hard.

Funny thing though...my old comfort buddy...FOOD...was the LAST thing I wanted. STARVED myself... now how's that for giving up on every last sure thing you know??