View Single Post
  #1117   ^
Old Fri, Feb-15-19, 19:19

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Hi my gal Fridays.

Trigger---OMG honey, I so FELT your post. But boyo, it's been forever since you had a hog wilder. Not to congratulate you on it, haha, but I'd say, about time. I think we all know what hit you, we've all been there. It's that banana peel thing, that "what the heck" thing, and once you feel lift off, there's no where to go but down.

But you know and I know that one hog wilder isn't going to matter a fig. In fact in a way, I kind of think it's a good thing now and then. Shakes things up with the body, confuses it. If it thought it was in starvation mode, or at least refuses to drop another pound as it thinks it needs every calorie it gets---NOPE, surprise!

Oh man, I cannot believe what you and the pork chop are doing on the roof of a barn! OK, here comes the mom in me, you be careful! Well, duh, but we all know, Lori is the latest to know it, how quick it can happen. Would it be worth it to hire a couple of guys to help?

Jaz---Wow, sounds like some really sketchy neighborhoods they're sending you into. I feel so bad for the people who have to live there and have no control of those who do the crimes.

Will say you handled it so well. Found a way to signal you were a nurse on a mission. Takes a real so and so to threaten that. Also, I've read that it's all about how you "hold yourself" in a situation like that. If you don't look easy you don't get chosen.

Yep, this is going to be a challenge for you, but I'm hoping you WILL feel the rewards of helping those who need you. And they really DO need you. W/out the bad neighborhood, both my dad and mom so needed their home health visits in their later years, and both were so appreciative of their care givers. In fact, at both their funerals, several of their care givers showed up. Which just warmed my heart because it told me how much they liked my parents, and how well my parents had treated them.

Lori---I could see what a trooper your hubby is just by the pix you sent from the hospital in Key West. Marriage is good when you have that kind of friendship and mutual care. If you're not getting that, I'd rather be by myself.

Do you feel a bit relieved to know there'll be no surgery, and to be able to look ahead and see when you'll be able to be mobile again? I know it probably feels like forever now in the dead of winter, but one thing's for sure, time really does fly.

Hey, do you have a decent sized mall anywhere near where you could walk, even fast walk, do some laps around. That might me another way to get your exercise in until you heal.

And, LOL, I say yay for pull up pants under any circumstances. Some of today's leggings and capris are great that way. What causes mushroom top other than extra pounds? Zippers and snaps and waists that don't give!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hubby still gone. Won't be back till Monday. But I've planned enough things to get out and about and not feel cooped up here alone. Had a lovely lunch out w/a pal from the bldg. today---broiled walleye and a skewer of grilled vegetables. It was yummy.

Tomorrow meeting a pal from the old neighborhood for a happy hour at one of our fave places, cheap and home early. Then on Sunday my BFF is coming late afternoon for a sleep over! Just we two girly girls and a cocktail or two, dinner, and then a movie in our jammies. That will not be an on plan night so really trying to hold tight on plan till then. So far so good since blowing it a few nights ago.

(Hey Trig, since you did true confessions, so will I. Not only did I eat off plan out the other night, but I came home and demolished a half bag of Cheetos---puffs, never crunchy Haha. I've been an orange fingered Cheeto lover since I was a kid, and hubby loves them too and brings them home. Boy, nothing could stop me from diving into that bag. Was blue and what the hecky as hell.)