View Single Post
  #1113   ^
Old Thu, Feb-14-19, 20:13

Plan: My own
Stats: 238/187/175 Female 5'11"
BF:
Progress:

Happy V'day all!

Lori---This sounds like pretty decent news to me, all things considered. No surgery. Will heal on its own. AND, a time frame you can set your expectations to. For me, knowing some of these answers would help a lot.

So nice that by the time you get to Charleston you'll be well into the upswing. We're going to have ourselves some real fun---but we will keep our eyes on the sidewalks too. LOL, maybe we need an assigned sidewalk watcher?

I'm telling you Lori, one of my worst falls was on a lip in the sidewalk. Many years ago now, but it still tells me the weather is changing, lets me know it's an old injury that isn't quiet yet. Good news is, it could have been so much worse, and the discomfort I feel from it now and then even all these years later, is more useful as a weather barometer than it is at all painful. Just old scars.

Jaz---Hate that you lost two juicy posts, which means we lost them too. I can tell this new position is taking it out of you a bit, but such it is w/anything new. Still hoping this doesn't turn out as miserable as you thought it would be. Hoping that it sustains you till the next thing, and with some rewards.

Trig---Got a kick out of how V day is no biggy for you guys. Wish I was your kiddo w/all the no big deal stuff.

Nic---Sounds like things are settling down a bit for you from a week ago. They almost always do, but when you're in the thick of it you sometimes don't think it will work that way this time.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Oh man, I was so PO'd about going off plan last night. I was just getting to feeling lighter, ie, less bloat, and feeling that mojo rise. And y'know what? The food wasn't good enough to have given that up for. But I caved to my nerves and the moment.

And while I totally forgive myself (lot's of experience at that) It's not a bad thing to be angry w/myself. Tells me something I need to hear.

So, today I did just morning coffee and then lots of water till dinner awhile ago. Made myself a nice tuna salad sandwich on LC bread, w/jalapeno cream cheese. About 20 carbs for the day, and I dunno, but I'd say 6 to 700 calories. If I get hungry before bed, I can afford to have another half a sandwich.

Hubby left yesterday on a trip with his bro to see some pals in Phoenix, so I'm all on my own for V'day. It's OK. I'm cozy here w/the dogger. AND, very nice thing, I got three little V-day packages at my door here from pals in the bldg, and someone on our floor. Cookies, muffins and candies, LOL. Not eating them, just appreciating them. Since of course, hubby took full license with being gone for the holiday and not thinking ahead. Although he did call me today w/sweet words.

I don't really care. LOL, V day is fun as far as it goes, but it can be an occasion that intimidates the men and irritates the ladies. Ha.