#12   ^
Old Wed, Oct-10-18, 07:22
Registered Member

Plan: Atkins/general low carb
Stats: 196/183/130 Female 5'3"
BF:
Progress: 20%
Talking

Happy Autumn, Jaz. Nice to meet you. I'm 53 and single. Divorce = stress, boredom, loneliness ---> FOOD. I put on 20# since leaving ex (does losing his scrawny 165# count as weight loss?) which made original 35# harder to lose. I tried the plant based thing, that diet, this diet. I always cave. This eating style though is where 19ish years ago I found success. I never give up, call it a personality flaw. I simply don't want to be sick and tired, literally or figuratively.

I had to have gallbladder surgery 2 years ago. Can you believe lady night I checked back on this forum because I have had digestive issues since the surgery and see curious how LC folks manage with eating fat. I wasn't actually thinking about the
added benefit of weight loss for once and definitely not because I really wanted to give up __________________ (carb.) Sure enough, I'm seeing 86ing most carbs, especially sugar, wheat and other grains might help my problem. Flax muffins, keto coffee, things have come a long way since I did good of Atkins and Protein Power in 1998.

I am now almost 100% menopausal; still having nude inspiring hot flashes in cold weather, my eyes don't see at night like they used to, my boobs are five inches lower, I binge watch Netflix and I have insomnia like a Las Vegas hooker. A lot more to fix, if any of that is possible. But I really do want my life back from the clutches of old bitchdom and divorce. Imagine messaging the ex with gorgeous after pics!

I have a lot of carby goodies to get rid of. I just bought the whole wheat saltines for my soup 3 days ago. A box of mashed potatoes. I know, I know. But do I want to look and feel better? Time to do this. I'm going to plan a well executed gradual change so I hopefully have a less severe case of keto-flu and my insomnia or hot flashes don't flare up and drive me to do something I'll regret. (Any drastic change seems to do that.)

I see a lot of great support here, this thread is a wonderful idea. I love the tips and the ideas. Much inspiration! I don't have a great track record for following an eating plan but I'm well studied in the literature about LCing so maybe I can help someone by that if not by my really bad example. Here's to a lot of 🍳!