View Single Post
  #3   ^
Old Wed, May-22-02, 10:56

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 138/135/125
BF:26%/25%/20%
Progress: 23%
Default Thanks

I'm just so frustrated!! It's not really the 13 lbs. that is really bugging me, it's just the fact that all of my clothes are all new (within the last year) and they are so tight.
I'm 44. I have been trying to drink at least 1.5 liters a day (that is water and green tea).
I'm taking so many supplements, at this point I wonder if they are doing more harm than good. CLA, L-carnitine, alpha lipoic acid, B complex to name a few. I have increased the L-carnitine to 3 Gms a day, that is supposedl to stimulate weight loss. I'm also taking Xenadrine, I don't think it has helped at all. I certainly don't feel any side effects from it. I have never excersized before, at least not like I'm doing now, and I never changed my eating habits when I quit smoking. As soon as i stopped using the patch, I started feeling the weight gain. I guess, the theory being, that as soon as the nicotine is not being released into your body your metabolism slows down. I would have thought that after 6 months my metabolism wuld have 'reset' itself??
Thanks