View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Tue, May-21-02, 08:24

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 138/135/125
BF:26%/25%/20%
Progress: 23%
Unhappy weight gain after quitting smoking

Here is my story, please tell me what I'm doing wrong.
I quit smoking December 1st 2001. I used the nicoderm patches and they worked great with me. I used the patches for about 5 weeks and then decided I did n't need them. My weight was stable (125 lbs) and I was a size 4, (notice that I said I 'was' a size 4).
About 2 weeks after discontinuing the patches, my clothes started geting a little snug. I thought OK, my metablolism is changing, I'll really start watching the carbs and I went below 15 Gms. a day. (I have been low carbing since 1998, was a size 10 and went down to a 4 and have stayed there.) I have been basically doing Atkins induction for 3 months and have not lost 1 lb.!!! So I stared aerobics and weight resistence 5 out of 7 days a week, lost 3 lbs 2 weeks ago and then no more.
I feel great and I'm so thankful that I quit smoking,but I have 2 closets full of size 4 very expensive clothes that I can't wear. The 13 lbs. that I gained will not budge.
I'm eating about 1000 calories a day, the only carbs that I get are from either the occasional glass of white wine that has ice in it, or my salad dressing.
Has anyone been thru this?? Am I doing something wrong?? Or should I just accept this as my new weight??
Thanks! And good luck to all of you that are contemplating quitting smoking. I hate the smell of it now and I was a 2 pack a day smoker.
Sponsored Links