View Single Post
  #19   ^
Old Thu, Sep-16-21, 18:41

Plan: Keto (Atkins Induction)
Stats: 235/175/185 Male 5' 11"
BF:
Progress: 120%

Everything is for sale in America (and elsewhere). Many of the so-called scientific articles are nothing more than advertisements for a particular industry. Everything must be read with a critical eye.

Plus there is no one diet that is best for everyone. If there was, there would only need to be one diet book.

But if you try something that you believe is right, and year after year it isn't working, you should wake up and decide that it's not right for me.

That's what I did.

The rest of my immediate family members are over 300 pounds, and my parents died too soon from obesity related diseases.

I tried salads, low fats, cutting calories, and a few other things that didn't work for me. If in 6 or more months if it didn't seem like what I was trying wasn't working, I'd declare it the wrong way and try something else.

My DW's uncle lost a lot of weight on Atkins and he got to eat lots of the things I was denying myself so I gave that one a try.

It worked, in 6 months I had lost close to 40 pounds and wasn't hungry all the time.

My annual physicals and blood-tests show me to be in excellent physical condition, I never get sick anymore, and at 75 I'm on zero prescriptions.

I consider that a healthy way for me to eat, and no scare articles selling grain products are going to convince me otherwise. I went that route and it didn't work for me.

Now if my annual checkups start changing for the worse, I'll try to figure out why, and if it's diet, I'll change again.

I am my own test case. I know of no other way to do it.

I found for me LCHF works for my weight and my health. I doubt that would work for everyone, but I think it would work for a lot of others.

Bob