View Single Post
  #1   ^
Old Mon, Jan-08-18, 11:29

Plan: atkins
Stats: 175/169.4/145 Female 5'5"
BF:
Progress: 19%
Smile First day

Ok so today is the day! I'm excited and nervous at the same time and to top it all off, I've never posted in a forum before so everything is new to me. Hopefully I don't mess up too much.
I'm starting the low carb Atkins diet today and I have had success in it before but it didn't lose as much as I thought I would (15 lbs). I hope with the information given here and support from my comrades I will be able to lose my last 30 lbs on this diet.
My journey started 2 years ago when my father passed away. At that time I weighed 240lbs. I was a stay at home mom for 16 years and started a new job. Working inspired me to start taking care of myself and I was inspired to lose weight, unfortunately my marriage didn't survive my new lifestyle and we have since separated. So now I am a single mom of 4 children (3 of them being teenagers) with a full time job. Needless to say I'm being pulled in many directions. Anyway, I started losing weight by re vamping my diet, I went the low cal route and I was able to go down to 178 lbs which was fantastic. But, as all of you probably know, your goals change as you lose. My first goal was to be under 200lbs and when I reached that I just wanted to go down another 10 and then another 10 from there and so on and now I am where I am. At 178 I went and tried the Atkins diet and I lost 10 lbs in a month, I was ecstatic and raved about it to all my friends. Then it stalled a bit and over the next month I lost another 5lbs and was down to 163. My hope was to be in the 150s. This was during the summer and at 163 I went camping and went off plan, after that it was just one thing after another and although I tried to go back on, I wasn't able to sustain it for more than 2 weeks at a time. Thanksgiving came, Halloween, Christmas and now here we are in January and I'm hoping this time I can stay on track.
So today is the first day!
Sponsored Links