View Single Post
  #42   ^
Old Mon, Jun-13-11, 16:06

Plan: Atkins
Stats: 279.2/234/140 Female 5'2''
BF:decreasing
Progress: 32%

Wow Amanda! Great info. I realized after I read all the info that I had been having upper abdominal cramps. I thought my gut was getting twisted, but when I mentioned it to the nurse pract., she said that was too high for the colon and that it sounded like a cramp. Boy they hurt really bad-making me stand up and stretch quickly.

I realize I need to give up the diet mt dew. It's so difficult with me not being a coffee, tea, juice, or any other drink consumer. I look at it as a treat, but it, I know, is a harmful treat. I wish I could find another treat that is not harmful, and is sugar free. I was having one only on Thursdays, but then I started having one when I went out with a girlfriend to keep me from cheating. Then it became 1-2 daily again. Oh well. Time to give it up again.

The potassium thing is interesting to me. I was low in potassium 2x and hospitalized for IV potassium one of those times. This was 10 years ago. It was normal on my lab work in May, but it probably has the capability to change quickly like blood sugars, so I really wouldn't know whether to supplement. Messing with potassium supplements kinda scares me. How would you know what you need?

Thanks again for all the info. Maybe I'll mention it again to my MD, or I should just lay off the diet soda. Easier solution, I guess??

Donna