#9   ^
Old Sat, Oct-14-23, 06:06

Plan: very low carb real food
Stats: 245/125/135 Female 62
BF:
Progress: 109%

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEY100
Demi, Thank you for posting this long book summary!

I'm all in with all those protein recommendations now, but good grief! I'm not even close on her resistance and strength exercises wear a weighted vest all day? Strength and conditioning in the morning, with resistance session 6 hours later? And more….so.much.more.
I hope she has some beginner, out of shape senior program that cuts this down to the essentials.

This is often the problem, recommendations that are too extreme for us “seniors” or us relative beginners. And I wonder, is that much focus on exercise really necessary? I am not asking if exercise is necessary but rather do we really have to be planning our whole day around it? And then there is her recommendation to take Mitopure which, at best, if you subscribe to automatic shipments every 2 months, cost $100 a month.

It makes me wonder what her target demographic is, not just by age but in terms of finances. I don’t disagree with her basic premise, protein and strength training but I wish it were more focused on the common woman. I pre-ordered her book and I am sure I can gain something from it but I am beginning to suspect that I will find it not directed towards me. I am probably not her demographic. Maybe I’ll be pleasantly surprised,