#162   ^
Old Wed, Jan-15-20, 10:49

Plan: vLC/GF,CF,SF
Stats: 197/136/150 Female 66 inches
BF:
Progress: 130%

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkloots
All these complications! It's one reason I never succeeded with Dr. Atkins's original "carb ladder." Weight changes are just too uneven to measure against small increments of adding or subtracting a single food or type of food, in my experience.
I weighed and tracked carefully but Atkins' carb ladder didn't work for me because more than 30g carbs/day activates my hunger and cravings for more carbs, derailing me. I can handle non-trigger foods on the ladder as long as I stay under 30g total carbs/day. When I am not measuring/counting, I aim for 20g based on food lists & accumulated knowledge and that keeps me under 30g.

It wasn't until ~15 years ago that people like Westman & the Eades determined that some people, particularly those with insulin resistance, will not be able to climb the ladder to 50-100g carbs. If I had known that 50 years ago, I could have saved myself a lot of grief. Lack of hunger and cravings is the primary reason for my success on my vLC diet as opposed to any other … and I have tried them all.